The hospital/physician registration is NOW OPEN. Scroll down to the registration link.
Many orthopaedic surgeons and hospitals routinely give back to the community through their charitable work and outreach efforts. These local programs impact the lives of patients in a powerful and meaningful way.
So, why participate in a national program, like Operation Walk USA?
Until recently, recognizing the countless charitable acts—in particular, the free surgeries—performed by orthopaedic surgeons annually was a hit-or-miss affair. Television or newspaper reporters will occasionally build a story on one special case in the community. But all too often, this kind of “good news” was overshadowed by reports of increasing healthcare costs, waste in the healthcare system, or medical errors.
Our strength is in numbers. Several hundred physicians conducting pro bono surgeries simultaneously across the United States create a national story that is both inspiring and compelling.
In summary, Operation Walk USA:
- Underscores the value of orthopaedics in improving the lives of patients.
- Highlights the compassionate, caring nature of the subspecialty—and of the participating orthopaedists.
- Promotes the hospitals’ mission of healing.
- And most importantly, it gives hope for a better, more productive, pain-free life to hundreds of underserved patients.
Participating in Operation Walk USA is an uplifting experience for everyone involved.
How To Participate
- Review, understand, and share our 2021 General Participation Guidelines (available on April 15, 2021).
- Discuss your hospital’s participation with all relevant stakeholders. Understand the commitment that is expected from each participating hospital.
- Register through our online registration system (available on April 15, 2021).
- Follow the Guidelines and meet the important deadlines specified therein.
- Communicate with Operation Walk USA staff regarding your process.
COMING SOON! Download and use these slides to help explain the program to stakeholders at your hospital and in your professional community.
COMING SOON! You may download and review the questions that are being asked when prospective patients apply for the program. This will help you understand the type of information we collect at this initial point of contact.
The above registration link should be completed by a designated representative of a Hospital (Site) interested in participation.
Please be sure to download the 2021 General Participation Guidelines.
These comprehensive Guidelines explain the program in greater detail, specify the required commitment, and establish a timeline for participation.
2021 Participating Sites
Your site has to be a registered 2021 participant to be listed. Registration coming soon.